• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Too many supplements.

assembled

Bluelighter
Hi, I consider myself a very healthy person overall. I have a daily regiment of supplements that treat me very well.

What I daily, once, is: 3x Korean Ginseng conc., 3x Ginkgo Biloba conc., 1x Vitamin C chew, 1x Garlic conc,. 1x Calcium Magnesium.

I chew up all these nasty ass pills, chug them down with some green tea and presto, I feel high for a few hours, and pumped up. I do not take multivitamins although I do have them.

I stopped taking the pills for a few days, then I double dosed last night at 12:00. I was up almost all night smoking some buds, and extremely pumped up (I went for a walk through a field with 3 ft of snow). Also I cleaned my house like mad.

Really, it was like cocaine, but better. No rush, but a long period of mental and physical strength. Some euphoria.

Anyway.. I woke up today more damn hungover then I have been in years. I didn't drink last night, but all these supplements made me feel like a damn corpse this morning. I almost immediately projectile vomited my stomach contents upon waking, and I experienced nueropathic (nerve pain).

I know I didn't OD on Vit C or Calcium Mag or Garlic.

Does taking too much K Ginseng and G Biloba normally have this effect? I really don't even want to take them today, and I'm still gonna be sick.

I dont think you are having too much. I recall days when people lol at people taking multi-vits and fish oil. everyone should take a multi-vit and fish oil.
Just read up because even vitamins can cause side effects and believe it or not vit C is addictive.

Just take as directed and know what u take and maybe some blood tests.
Dont take too much vit A.
But alot of vits u can take more if you take more of anotherr vit to balance it out.
I know a great site but i think its sourcing. Google has all ya need.
Ginkgo is great i take it daily and always Ca and Mg should be taken together.
But everyone has different needs and everyone is different its a lot of trail and error. But you got to think like... for example if ya drink u want to take something for ya liver like Milk thistle, Choline etc. if you smoke you want vit C and vit E.
Speak to the naturapath at vitamin stores or go online. But remember that the some of the most deadliest poisons are found in nature and dont believe all the hype the vitamin business is booming now days.

I don't see why that stuff would make you feel that way. It was probably the weed.

yeah, like he said, way too many variables to blame it on supplements. in fact, i used to be a supplement fiend, until i did more research and realized i was taking way too many things that i could easily get via diet.

the amount of supplements you take does not even come close to what i believe is 'too much.' ive seen people engulf entire pharmacies in a day, lol. i just eat a ton of diverse fruits and veggies now, and take minimal supplements. there was a time that i ate so many vitamins thinking it was making my workouts better, but the only thing getting a workout was my liver and kidneys.

yeah, like he said, way too many variables to blame it on supplements. in fact, i used to be a supplement fiend, until i did more research and realized i was taking way too many things that i could easily get via diet.

the amount of supplements you take does not even come close to what i believe is 'too much.' ive seen people engulf entire pharmacies in a day, lol. i just eat a ton of diverse fruits and veggies now, and take minimal supplements. there was a time that i ate so many vitamins thinking it was making my workouts better, but the only thing getting a workout was my liver and kidneys.

What supplements would you reccommend?

Personally I beleive:
ALCAR
ALA

and then additionaly if i have a big night drinking:
milk thistle
vit B
vit c

I also have gingko tablets, green tea extracts, magnesium and "inner health plus" but i have stopped taking these recently..